Quick and Easy Shrimp Scampi
I searched before posting and this recipe is like several other recipes as far as ingredients but the cooking method is a little different. I leave the tails on for an appetizer and remove the tails to serve with pasta. I like it with rice noodles but it's great with any pasta.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb large raw shrimp
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Shell the shrimp leaving the tail on.
- Use a small knife and split each shrimp down the back lengthwise.
- Remove any black veins, rinse shrimp under cold water and pat dry.
- In a small pan, heat butter, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper just until butter is melted.
- In a 13x9 inch pan, arrange shrimp in a single layer with the split side opened and down, tails up.
- Pour butter mixture over all.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
We ate this until we were ready to pop! This recipe is indeed quick and easy and it was delicious. I made as posted and sprinkled with dill and parmesan just before serving. The only change I will make the next time is to reduce the garlic to 2 cloves, but that is just personal taste. I served this with recipe #294844. Everyone loved it! Made for "Pick a Chef Spring 2010". Thx for the great recipe!Reply