Quick and Easy No-Bake Peanut Butter Soy Protein Bars
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
These are high in protein, relatively low in calories, and made with wholesome ingredients. For a healthy dessert cookie, drizzle with melted chocolate chips.
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 3mins
- 1⁄2 cup roasted soybeans (or soy nuts)
- 1 cup brown crisp rice cereal or 1 cup Rice Krispies
- 1 cup textured vegetable protein
- 1 pinch salt (but brings out flavor) (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄3 cup brown rice syrup
- 2 2 tablespoons evaporated cane juice sugar (bulk bin) or 2 tablespoons date sugar
- Line an 8 inch square pan with foil or parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- Place soybeans in a food processor and pulse to chop. Alternatively, you may leave them whole or crush them slightly in a bag.
- Combine soy beans, brown rice crisp cereal and TVP. Toss with salt.
- In a microwave-safe mixing bowl, combine peanut butter, brown rice syrup and evaporated cane juice (or sugar). Heat on high in microwave for 1 minute, stopping to stir halfway through.
- Dump crunchy soy mixture into peanut butter mixture and stir until well coated. Press mixture tightly into pan.
- Chill for at least 2 hours or until firm.
- Score into 8 bars.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation