Quick and Easy Collards for People Who Don't Like Collards
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I was never raised to eat collards. I just tried them for the first time a year or so ago and didn't like them. But funny things happen when people give you collards for free. And, I must say, when cooked well, they are pretty good.
- Ready In:
- 4 ounces collard greens (about 4 leaves)
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 2 tablespoons water
- Remove center stems from washed collard leaves.
- Stack leaf halves, aligning the stem sides and roll up, from one tip to the other.
- Cut roll into slices as thin as possible.
- Heat margarine in frying pan.
- Add a handful of collards and cook, stirring, until wilted. Add another handful and repeat until all collards are wilted.
- Add chicken bouillon granules and water.
- Continue cooking until collards are tender and no longer bitter. (The longer you cook them, the less bitter they will be.).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION