Quick and Easy Clam Sauce For Pasta
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
In as long as it takes to cook the pasta, dinner is ready. This is a good recipe to have on hand for emergencies. Cook time does not reflect the time it takes to cook the pasta.
- Ready In:
- 1 onion, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can minced clams
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 4 4 ounces linguine or 4 ounces spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- parmesan cheese, grated
- Saute onion and garlic in butter.
- Blend in flour.
- Drain clams and reserve juices. Add minced clams and milk to the onion and garlic.
- Simmer 10 minutes, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- If you desire a thicker sauce, make a slurry of cornstarch and milk.
- Add a little at a time to the sauce, stirring, until the desired thickness. Use the reserved clam juices to thin the sauce if need be.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta al dente in boiling salted water.
- Serve sauce over pasta.
- Top with parsley.
- Pass grated Parmesan.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION