Quiche Aux Chanterelles
- Ready In:
- 250 g puff pastry
- 750 g mushrooms (chanterelles or other mushrooms such as porcini, button, ...)
- 1 red onion (medium sized, minced)
- 2 -3 garlic cloves (to taste)
- 70 ml white wine
- 2 eggs (whole)
- 250 g creme fraiche (or cream cheese, ricotta or 250ml sweet cream)
- 50 g parmesan cheese
- 100 g shredded mozzarella cheese (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1 teaspoon butter
- salt and pepper
- Clean mushrooms (best not using water) and cut in bite size chunks.
- Butter a 26cm dia. baking dish and place/fit puff pastry into it. Use cuts to form a 2 inch high rim. Perforate pastry using a fork and place in oven at 200°C for about 10 minute (I usually form a circle out of aluminium foil roughly fitting the baking dish's diameter and place it in the dish to prevent the pastry's sides from deforming and baking down).
- While the pastry is in the oven, melt 1 teaspoon of butter in a non stick pan and add minced onion and garlic (until translucent), add chanterelles and let roast (be careful not to burn the onion and garlic).
- Add white wine, stir.
- Salt and pepper to taste (you might want to season with a bit of vegetarian soup granulate, but do not overdo it) and stir in parsley.
- Let mushrooms cook until tender and the liquid has evaporated. Set aside and let cool.
- Mix creme fraiche, 2 eggs, parmesan and half of the mozzarella, salt and pepper until thick and creamy.
- Fill mushroom mix into baking dish, cover with egg-creme fraiche mixture and sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella.
- Bake at 175°C-200° for about 30min. until golden brown and egg mixture has set.
- Serve luke warm and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!