photo by Mandi Goodman
- Ready In:
- Combine the turkey and beef together. Form into four large patties. Pat them down so they are about 1/2 inch thick or thinner. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat an electric skillet to Med-high heat. Spray with non-stick cooking spray, and then cook your patties until desired doneness.
- Cut the burger patties in half so you have 8 "half moons" and put a slice of pepper jack on each half, let cheese melt and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, spray your skillet again and place the tortillas on one at a time lay them on the skillet to warm and lightly brown. Just before the tortilla is done, lay one of the burger halves,straight side in the middle, on the tortilla.
- Remove from heat and place quacamole, sour cream ,and salsa in the tortilla before your cheese cools, fold up taco style and enjoy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
My husband always orders the quesadilla burger at Applebee's, so he was thrilled when I tried this recipe. They turned out really well, and we'll be making them often! We grilled our hamburgers (on a charcoal grill!), and then assembled the burgers and finished it all off on our George Foreman grill. That made the tortilla nice and crispy, and also allowed the extra fat to drain off. After grilling on the George Foreman, we opened the quesadillas back up and put the salsa inside. Sooooo good! Thanks for posting!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a SAHM of three boys. I love to bake. I get great satisfaction out of presenting a meal that people enjoy. My huband is fun to feed, so I really like trying things out on him. I hate it when someone gets jelly in the peanut butter or peanut butter in the jelly!