Queen Elizabeth II Drop Scones
photo by Dienia B.
- Ready In:
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar or 1/4 cup golden syrup
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk (hers had 1 1/2 c but it wasnt enough for me )
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- whisk wet ingredients in a bowl
- whisk dry into another
- add together
- mix ( i added vinegar to wet ).
- mixture will be thick
- have buttered skillet heating on lower setting
- drop by tablespoons cook slowly these rise like crazy
- serve with jam or golden syrup.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p style=text-align: center;>Hi! If you're looking for grandmas recipe, it might be here .</p> 8726272"