Purresuppe - Leek Soup
Traditional leek from Norway, posted for ZWT 6
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 leeks, sliced
- 5 potatoes, medium
- 2 carrots, medium
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 lt beef broth
- 2 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Melt the butter in a large heavy bottomed saucepan. Cut the leeks in half lengthwise and wash thoroughly. Slice. Dice the potatoes and carrots and add with the leeks to the saucepan. Cook five minutes while stirring occasionally to prevent vegetables from browning.
- Add flour stirring constantly; remove from heat and add broth all at once while continuing to stir. Reduce heat and let simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Beat egg yolks into a soup tureen. Pour soup over egg yolks, a little at a time, stirring constantly. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley. Serve at once.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Yum! I halved the recipe, but followed it as written except that I used baby carrots and didn't peel the potatoes. It really reminded me of the flavor of a good baked potato soup. Next time I think that I would cook the carrots a little bit before adding the potatoes because mine were still pretty crunchy. Thanks Coasty for a really nice treat. Made by one of your fellow Unrulies Under the Influence for ZWT6.Reply