Purple Basil Pesto
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup whole almond (roasted & salted)
- 4 ounces purple basil (about 4 cups packed, but it's best if you weigh it)
- 3 -6 large garlic cloves, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Mix all ingredients except the olive oil in a food processor until thoroughly combined and the consistency you like.
- With the food processor running, drizzle in the olive oil through that chute thingie. Add more salt to taste if necessary.
- Store pesto in the refrigerator for several days or freeze.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Thanks, Elaine, for saving me! I don't have bushels of purple pesto, just cups, but still am thrilled to find your recipe! I toasted the almonds in the microwave and just used your recommended amount of salt. I have a mini food processor, so had to chop the almonds before toasting. I didn't use all the oil and found that to be just fine. Looking forward to the second harvest in a few weeks! It would probably be yummier with salted toasted almonds, but we just don't keep those at home - they're too darned good!<br/>Thanks again! Happy gardening!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY