Pureed Beets With Yogurt & Za’atar
photo by VeggiesByCandlelight
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs beets
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon date syrup
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon za'atar spice mix
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted until golden brown
- 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- Pre-heat the oven to 400°F.
- Wash the beets and place them on a pan that has been lined with aluminum foil. Roast them uncovered for about an hour (** or until you can easily slide a knife into them). Take the beets out of the oven and let them cool until you can handle them. Peel the beets, cut them into quarters and allow to cool completely.
- Put the beets, garlic, chili flakes and yogurt in a food processor and blend until into a smooth paste.
- Transfer the beet mixture to a large bowl and mix in the maple syrup, olive oil, za’atar and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Place the puree on a flat serving plate, using the back of a spoon to spread it evenly around the plate.
- Sprinkle the green onions, almonds and the goat cheese on the puree and drizzle with olive oil.
- Serve at room temperature.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>A few years ago I decided to live a healthier lifestyle .. My blog is a reflection .. not only of what it took to get where I am today .. but the day-to-day recipes that help me maintain.</p>