Purée De Carottes - Mashed Carrots With Coconut Milk
The full name of this recipe is "Purée de carottes parfumée à la coriandre et au lait de coco" (Coriander-flavored Mashed Carrots with Coconut Milk.) This can be used as a side dish, a one bowl snack or even baby food. This recipe is from latartinegourmande.com
- Ready In:
- 1 lb carrot, peeled and diced
- 2 ounces carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 yukon gold potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 bunch fresh coriander
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt, Fleur de sel
- crushed red peppercorns
- Place the vegetables and a few coriander leaves in a pot. Cover with water, add a pinch of salt, and bring to a boil. Cover and cook until tender, about 20 minutes (or less depending on the size of the vegetable pieces).
- Drain and transfer to a food mill. Puree the vegetables.
- Heat the coconut milk and add to the mashed carrots with 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Serve warm with a dash of fleur de sel, freshly chopped coriander and cracked red peppercorn.