Punch Bowl Sangria With Fruit Juice Cubes
photo by Bonnie G #2
- Ready In:
- fruit juice, for making ice cubes
- 1 (750 ml) bottle zinfandel
- 1 (750 ml) bottle red wine
- 1 cup Cointreau liqueur or 1 cup triple sec
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 2 oranges, juice of
- 2 medium peaches, peeled pitted, chunked
- 1 orange, unpeeled sliced thin
- 1 cup pineapple chunk (optional)
- 1 lemon, unpeeled sliced thin
- Make ice cubes with orange and/or pineapple juice (or juice of choice).
- Two-hours before serving, combine remaining ingredients in a punch bowl. Taste and adjust flavors to your liking. This isn't a science. Refrigerate for two hours to allow flavors to develop.
- To serve, leave it in the bowl or pour into glass pitchers.
- Add frozen cubes before serving.
- Ladle/pour into tall glasses and be sure to ladle some of the wine-swollen fruit into the glass.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Thanks Kathy for a very nice Sangria recipe. Made this for a bar b q we gave for family and friends on a very hot August day. It was so refreshing and light it was enjoyed by all. Easy to make and loved the idea of the juice ice cubes which were cute, added to the fruit taste and prevented diluting the drink. Only change I made was only put in half the sugar as I felt it was sweet enough with all the fruit. Thanks again for posting.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<P>Hello. I live in NE Ohio in a suburb about 20 miles from Lake Erie, and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.</P> <P>Should I neglect to send you a thank-you if you review or photograph one of my recipes - please know that I am honored and truly appreciate your choosing one of my recipes. I hope you enjoyed it. <BR><BR>Thanks so much! <BR>k</P>