photo by Food.com
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 ounce avua amburana cachaca
- 3⁄8 ounce cruzan blackstrap rum
- 3⁄8 ounce appleton estate signature rum
- 1⁄4 ounce pimento pepper, Hamilton Pimento Dram
- 1⁄2 ounce lustau palo cortado sherry wine
- 3⁄4 ounce lemon juice
- 3⁄4 ounce pepita-cinnamon orgeat syrup, recipe follows
- 1 barspoon pumpkin butter
- 1 dash bittermens xocatl mole bitters
Cinnamon Bark Simple Syrup:
- Equal parts sugar and hot water by weight, infused with 4 crushed cinnamon sticks or bark for 30 minutes while hot, then strained.
- Toast 200 grams of pepitas for 3-4 minutes, then combine with 660 grams of hot water (not boiling) and pulse in high-speed blender until smooth.
- Strain and re-blend with 600 grams of white granulated sugar, a pinch of xanthan gum, and a pinch of gum Arabic.
- Combine equal parts by weight with Cinnamon Bark Simple Syrup.
- Dry shake all ingredients (except Palo Cortado Sherry), then pour into tiki glass and top with pebble ice, and float sherry on top.
- Garnish with a carved orange wedge with cherry skewer atop a hand-crafted ice bowl dashed with peychaud’s bitters.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!