Pumpkin Whoopie Pies (Gobbs)
I converted my Pumpkin Roll recipe into these easy to make & delicious little treats.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 9 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can pure pumpkin puree
- 16 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, at room temp
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375f.
- Combine flour,baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg & salt & set aside.
- Beat eggs on medium speed & slowly add sugar until combined & slightly thickened.
- Add pumpkin & beat to combine thoroughly.
- Add dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture & mix gently until just combined (no longer).
- Place parchment paper on baking sheet & dollop heaped tablespoons of mix about 2 1/2 inches round onto tray (about 10-12 per tray).
- Bake for 13-15 minutes until cakes spring back when touched.
- Remove cakes & paper from tray to cool.
- When cooled completely, dust with powdered sugar using sieve & turn half of the cakes over to have the flat side up.
- Combine cream cheese, butter, vanilla, powdered sugar & beat on medium high speed until combined.
- Put mix into piping bag or zip lock bag with one bottom corner snipped off & squeeze about 3 tablespoons of filling onto the flat side of half the cakes.
- Top with the dry half of the cakes & push gently to fill out your pies.
- Keep chilled in air tight container.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION