Pumpkin Spice Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
- Ready In:
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 16 ounces powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Combine flour and next 6 ingredients.
- Stir flour mix into pumpkin mix until well blended.
- Spread batter in a lightly greased 15 X 10 inch jelly roll pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes (until light brown).
- Cool completely before you Frost!
- For Frosting: Beat cream cheese and butter until creamy.
- Gradually add powdered sugar and vanilla, beating well.
- Stir in pecans.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was nearly perfect! It was delicious and moist--it made a wonderful fall birthday cake. I used a 9x13 glass baking dish, and after 20 minutes it was still liquid in the middle, but after 30, it was almost burned. I served it at a birthday party (for adults), and it was a huge hit, but most people felt that the frosting was a little too sweet. Next time I make it, I'll probably use about 12 ounces of powdered sugar.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I have been living in Charlotte for 8 years now and was not much of a cook until I got married 3 years ago. Since then, my poor husband has become my guinea pig and has had to suffer through many recipe trials. Now I have expanded to doing recipe trials for him and our little boy!! I love to collect recipes...this site is addictive! Although a lot of the recipes I print out seem to go into a 'To try' binder!! I'll get to them eventually!