Pumpkin Soup, New Zealand Recipe.
- Ready In:
- 4 cups peeled chopped pumpkin
- 90 g butter
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- freshly grated nutmeg (to taste)
- 1 egg yolk (optional)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- crouton (to serve)
- Cook pumpkin and onion in 60 grams (2oz) butter for 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add water and cook gently until pumpkin is very tender.
- Push through a sieve or pureé in blender with a little of the milk.
- Melt remaining butter in clean pan and stir in flour, then pumpkin pureé and remaining milk stirring until well blended.
- Season with salt, pepper& nutmeg.
- Simmer 20 minutes.
- If desired take out a little soup, blend with egg yolk and stir back into big soup mixture just before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation