photo by I'mPat
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 leeks, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1⁄3 kg butternut pumpkin flesh, chopped
- 3 cups water
- 3 teaspoons chicken stock, concentrated (powder, cube, paste etc my stock is quite dense so you may have to adjust amount according to what b)
- 180 ml cream
- Heat the oil in a pan add leeks and garlic and cook until soft.
- Add carrots, pumpkin, stock and water and cook covered until pumpkin is soft.
- Spoon 2 cups of liquid out, (You want it to be quite thick) Blend or process soup until smooth. Add pepper to your liking.
- Serve soup in bowls pour a about 1-2 tablespoons of cream over top and serve immediately.
- Makes about 6-8 servings great for lunches or as a starter.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Really enjoyed this for lunch today, the only change I made for to use recipe #54127 instead of water. I did remove the liquid as suggested but ended up putting most of it back in, it was so thick but full of flavour and served with recipe #56025 made for a great lunch, thank you The Flying Chef, made for Aussie/Kiwi Swap #40 May 2010.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am a pilot based in Switzerland who loves to cook and experiment with all kinds of foods from around the world. <br /> <br />I love throwing parties and intimate dinner parties especially seeing how much people enjoy themselves. <br /> <br />I love the ooutdoors and sports and to travel, although I haven't crossed off every place I want to visit in the world. <br /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/MEMBEROFTHEWEEK-1.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr336/jess4freedom/Zaar%20banners/ANZ-MakeMyRecipe.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/pictSF7ey-1.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/pick0GuXD-1.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n191/bb_babe626/AUST5.jpg alt= /></p> <p> </p> <div id=_mcePaste style=position: absolute; left: -10000px; top: 1246px; width: 1px; height: 1px; overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: hidden;>[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/829/deb112.gif/][IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9095/deb112.gif[/IMG][/URL]</div> <div id=_mcePaste style=position: absolute; left: -10000px; top: 1246px; width: 1px; height: 1px; overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: hidden;>Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.us]ImageShack.us[/URL]</div>