Pumpkin Shell Casserole
This is another recipe I found in my old cookbook..."Great American RV Club Cookbook"...it say it is an unusual and easy for the fall and winter table.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 35mins
- 1 small pumpkin (about 7-inch diameter)
- 2 cups apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Wash pumpkin and cut a lid in the top.
- Scrape out seeds and clean.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl and toss gently.
- Spoon mixture into pumpkin shell.
- Replace lid and place pumpkin on lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Top with sour cream if desired.
- May be served hot or cold.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION