Pumpkin Sage Bread Pudding
- Ready In:
- 1 (8 ounce) French baguettes, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 3⁄4 cup canned pumpkin (not pie filling)
- 4 eggs
- 1 - 1 1⁄2 cup milk (divided)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fresh sage leaf, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Coat a 9-inch by 9-inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the bread cubes in a large bowl; set aside.
- In a large frying pan over low heat, melt the butter. Add the onion, celery, and garlic; sauté approximately 5 to 7 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- Add mixture to the bread cubes along with the parmesan cheese.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, eggs, 1 cup milk, salt, pepper, and sage. Pour mixture over bread cubes and toss to combine. Let mixture sit for 30 to 45 minutes to allow bread to absorb the liquid. If mixture seems dry after sitting, add remaining 1/2 cup milk and mix well.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking pan; cover with a sheet of aluminum foil coated with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake 1 hour or until the pudding is set and still moist.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
WARNING: Make my recipes if you want, but I am no longer an active member and will not acknowledge reviews, photos or answer questions via z-mail. I find this site to be pretty useless without the forums. I can find recipes on a lot of different websites.