Pumpkin Pie Pop Tart
photo by eabeler
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
8 pop tarts
- 3⁄4 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 sheets puff pastry, thawed (one 17.3-ounce package)
- all-purpose flour, for rolling
- 2 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 teaspoons whole milk
- 1 tabelspoon pure maple syrup
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the pumpkin puree, sugar, cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt in a small bowl.
- Roll the puff pastry into two 8x8 inch square on floured work surface. Cut into 16 4x4 inch pieces using a pizza cutter or chefs knife. Prick each square with a fork several times.
- Spread the pumpkin mixture on half of the pieces, dividing evenly, and leaving a 1/2 inch border all around. Crimp the edges with a fork.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Bake, rotating the baking sheets halfway though, until golden brown (35 to 40 minutes). Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Beat the cream cheese, milk, maple syrup, and the 1/8 tsp salt with an electric mixer in a medium bowl until smooth (1 to 2 minutes).
- Drizzle the pop tarts with the glaze, dividing evenly.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!