Pumpkin, Parmesan & Sage Dip
This has a very mild pumpkin flavour, you could probably roast the pumpkin then mash it as an alternative to intensify its flavour. This goes great with Turkish bread.
- Ready In:
- 220 g cream cheese spread
- 1 cup pumpkin, mashed (approx 350g raw)
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons sage or 2 tablespoons thyme, finely chopped
- 2 slices bacon, diced and fried until crisp
- extra parmesan cheese (to garnish)
- Combine the cream cheese and pumpkin until smooth.
- Fold in the parmesan, sage & bacon.
- Chill for approx 1 hour & serve garnished with extra parmesan.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is a good creamy flavorful gourmet dip. I went out on a limb to try it as I usually only like pumpkin in sweet baked goods. I can see how it does go with the other flavors. This just didn't end up being to my tastes. The bacon and sage are very nice and do stand out. I used canned pumpkin, neufchatel cheese, Hormel real crumbled bacon and fresh sage. I can also see how freshly fried bacon would give it a better bacon flavor. Made for Holiday tag.Reply