- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 pumpkin puree
- 1 -2 tablespoon water
- Mix together flour and salt. make well in center. put pumpkin and 1 tbsp water in the well. Slowly incorporate the wet into the dry making a rough dough and adding more water as needed. (I have done this with a bread hook on my kitchen aid mixer as well)
- Turn the dough onto a floured surface and knead into a smooth dough. (about 5 mins) The dough should not break apart or crack. (You might have to wet your hands if the dough gets too dry)
- Roll into log and wrap in a clean, damp towel. Set aside for 20 minutes
- Roll out to an even thickness of 1/8 inch or less. Cut into desired shapes, (linguine, squares for pot pie,etc) or add filling (I use cream cheese, with chives and canned chicken or ground, seasoned pork) and seal for ravioli or tortellini, etc.
- boil just as you would any other fresh pasta, cover with your choice of sauce and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket> <br>I Found out I was Diabetic in 2004. <br>#1 Pet Peeve: People who are afraid of sugar free items. <br>#2 Pet Peeve: People who think all sugar free items taste bad because they tried one piece of thier grandparents diabetic candy 10-20 years ago. <br>#3 Pet Peeve: People who say they eat healthy when their menu contains lots of butter, potatoes & sugar. <br>#4 Pet Peeve: People who rate other people's reciepes low just because they do not like that person. <br>#5 Pet Peeve: People who post Diabetic reciepes that still use up to 1/2 a cup of regular sugar. I mean, HELLO; That sugar will still spike Blood Gloucose Levels!!!!