Pumpkin Icebox Pie
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 40mins
- 16 cinnamon graham crackers, broken into large pieces
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 3 teaspoons plain gelatin
- 1 (29 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- Make crust: Preheat oven to 325. In food processor, combine crackers, sugar and salt. Process to fine crumbs. With machine running, add butter through feed tube and process til it resembles wet sand. Press crumbs into bottom and up sides of a 9 inch square baking dish. Bake until fragrant and deep golden brown, about 10-15 minute Let cool completely on rack.
- Meanwhile, make filling. Place 1/4 c cold water in a small bowl. Sprinkle gelatin on top and let stand 5 minutes. In large bowl, whisk together pumpkin and cream cheese til smooth. In small saucepan, combine evaporated milk, brown sugar, salt and spices. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Add gelatin mixture and stir til completely dissolved. Pour milk mixture into pumpkin mixture and whisk until completely smooth.
- Pour filling into cooled crust and refrigerate until chilled and completely set, about 3 hours (or wrap tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate up to 2 days). To serve, whip cream with confectioners sugar until soft peaks form. Serve with pie.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a former retail management slave who is now a stay at home mom who absolutely loves her job. I have an eight year old, a two year old and a nine month old who all bring their own kind of joy to my life. My favorite thing in the world is to cook. We have a real, from scratch family dinner almost every night. Please don't be offended if I somewhat change a recipe in my review. I look at recipes sort of as guidelines, and alter them according to inspiration. I've received alot of helpful advice from reviews, that's why I share what I've done differently. With my little ones I'm pretty busy, but I LOVE this site and plan on being even more active as they get older.