Pumpkin Ice Cream With Spiced Pita Chips
photo by Kim127
- Ready In:
1 1/2 quarts
- 1 cup milk (I used 1 1/2 %)
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 3 pita pocket bread (6-inch pitas)
- cooking spray (Pam)
- cinnamon stick (optional garnish)
- Mix all ice cream ingredients in a bowl with an electric mixer for about 2 minutes, until sugar and honey are dissolved.
- Turn on ice cream maker and pour ingredients into top. Let ice cream maker process for about 20-30 minutes and preferred consistency reached.
- To make pita chips, heat oven to 350°F.
- Mix together tbsp sugar, 1/4 tsp cinnamon, and 1/8 tsp ground cardamom.
- Slice pita breads into 8 wedges each and place on cookie sheet.
- Spray pita chips with cooking spray. Sprinkle sugar mixture generously over pita chips. Turn pita chips over. Spray other side with cooking spray and sprinkle with sugar mixture.
- Bake in heated oven for 8-9 minutes.
- To serve, scoop ice cream into dish and garnish with 2-3 pita chips and cinnamon stick if using.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Made the ice cream & the chips as given in your recipe, & although I was tempted to leave out the coffee, I didn't since my other half & friends like that stuff! Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised to find that the flavors all blended together very nicely & made for a wonderful different dessert! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
The delicate pumpkin flavor of this ice cream is subtlety enhanced by the coffee granules. Lightly sweetened, with cinnamon and cardamom peeking through in each bite. The crispy cinnamon pita chips are a wonderful accompaniment to this creamy delight. This ice cream would be wonderful paired with a heavily spiced cake. I would not hesitate to serve this to company. Well Done
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Molson 6/13/1993 - 1/2/2007 <br /><br />You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us. ~Robert Louis Stevenson <br /><br /><br /><br />PARTICIPATION BANNERS: <br /><img src=http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/vseward/Bevy/officialmemberofthebevtaggame.jpg alt= /> <br /><img src=http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r317/j_welcome/pics2/food/PRMRcopy.jpg alt= /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/PAC08Main.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/calendar%20clips/Copyofsoybean.jpg border=0 alt=tag /> <br /><br /><br /><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/RSC%20Banners/RSC11-Kim.jpg alt= /> <br /><br /><img src=http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2237/2417939508_a2fe6ca1d6.jpg?v=0 alt=Rosemary Herb for January 2008 /> <img src=http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2140/2418175268_0be79b1528.jpg?v=0 alt=Cumin Herb for February 2008 /> <br /><img src=http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/532663/garden%20forum%20sage.JPG alt= /><img src=http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/532663/cinnamonchallenge.JPG alt= /> <br /><img src=http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3070/2821533761_69a8a5ea82.jpg?v=0 alt= /> <br /><a href=http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y80/starrynews/?action=view?t=oregano1.jpg target=_blank><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y80/starrynews/oregano1.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /></a> <br /><br /><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/Zaar%20World%20Tour%203/ZWT3-Participation.gif alt= /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t237/akplongmeadow/AdoptATag2-2-1.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /></p>