Pumpkin Doughnut Muffins (Martha Stewart)
photo by MamaD1224
- Ready In:
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for pan
- 3 cups all purpose flour, plus more for pan
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 1 1⁄4 cups pure pumpkin puree
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F Butter and flour 12 standard muffin cups. Make batter: In medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and allspice. In a small bowl, whisk together buttermilk and pumkin puree. In a large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, scraping down bowl as needed. With mixer on low, add flour mixture in three additions, alternating with two additions pumpkin mixture; and beat to combine.
- Spoon 1/3 cup batter into each muffin cup and bake until a toothpick inserted into center of muffin comes out clean, about 25 to 30 minutes. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine granulated sugar and cinnamon. Let muffins cool 10 minutes in pan on wire rack.
- Working with one at a time, remove muffins from pan, brush all over with melted butter, then toss to coat in sugar mixture. Let muffins cool completely on a wire rack. (Store in an airtight container up to 1 day.).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">