Pumpkin Dessert Squares
- Ready In:
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups pumpkin butter (I used Spicy Pumpkin Butter, takes 10 minutes to make)
- 1⁄8 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- Measure out one cup of the cake mix and set aside for the topping.
- Mix remaining cake mix with 1/2 cup melted butter, then mix in 1 egg.
- Press lightly and evenly into a lightly greased 9 X 13 baking pan.
- Mix the pumpkin butter with 2 eggs and the milk.
- Spread pumpkin butter over the cake base evenly.
- Sprinkle chopped pecans over the pumpkin.
- Mix the 1 cup reserved cake mix with the flour, sugar and cinnamon.
- Add softened butter and mix until crumbly.
- Sprinkle crumbs over the top of the cake.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes, until golden.
- Note: If you're making your own pumpkin butter let it cool before using in this recipe.
- Prep and cook times do not include the time to make the pumpkin butter.
Join The Conversation
takes a little while when you do evrything from scratch but worth it! i made my own cake mix with 2 cups flour, 1 cup and a quarter of sugar 2&1/2 tsp bakingpowder and a pinch of salt. Tasted great, got rave reviews from friends, and it looks like a lot of work b/c of the differing layers. when you spread the first layer of cake it will seem a bit thin like there isnt enough but DONT worry, it should just be able to cover the bottom of the pan. great!