Pumpkin Cookies With Frosting
- Ready In:
- 1 cup Butter Flavor Crisco (I use butter)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- Cream shortening (or butter), sugar and pumpkin; mix in egg.
- Stir in flour, soda, salt and cinnamon. Add raisins. Dough will be lumpy and wet.
- Bake on GREASED cookie sheet at 375° for 10-12 minutes.
- For frosting: Heat sugar, butter and milk in a saucepan over medium heat until bubbly. Remove from heat. Add vanilla and powdered sugar and stir until smooth.
- Spread frosting on cookies. Frosting will harden as it cools.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Wow! I have never made nor had any sort of pumpkin cookie. I bought some canned pumpkin thinking that I could use it for something this time of year and began searching for recipes. My husband and I have now fallen in love with these! The cookies are cakey and yummy on their own, but the addition of the frosting makes these to die for! My only personal issue was my frosting was a little lumpy from the powdered sugar... my own fault for not adding it while the brown sugar was still hot :-)<br/><br/>I made half the recipe to test it (still made 32 cookies for me!)... Can't wait to make a full batch soon!