Pumpkin Cheesecake With Bourbon
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 50mins
- 3⁄4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned pumpkin
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream, unwhipped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons bourbon liqueur (optional but good to add in) or 2 tablespoons Bourbon (optional but good to add in)
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- To make the crust: stir together crumbs, pecans, both sugars and melted butter until well combined.
- Press the crumb mixture evenly into bottom and 1/2-inch up sides of pan. of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for 8 minutes; remove and cool completely.
- Also the crust can be chilled for 1 hour instead of baking, but I think it holds together better when baked.
- For filling: Set oven to 350°F and set oven rack to middle position.
- In a medium bowl whisk together pumpkin puree, eggs, brown sugar, whipping cream, vanilla and liqueur (if using) until combined well.
- In a large bowl stir together white sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and salt.
- Add in the softened cream cheese and beat with an electric mixer at high speed until creamy and smooth (about 3-4 minutes).
- Reduce speed to medium and add in pumpkin mixture; beat until well combined and smooth.
- Pour filling into crust (smoothing the top).
- Place the springform pan on top of a shallow baking pan (just in case the springform leaks).
- Bake in center oven until center is just set (about 50-60 minutes).
- Transfer to a rack and cool for about 3 hours.
- Chill in refrigerator for a minimum of 6 hours or overnight (even better!).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
fabulous! absolutely incredible! the only things i played with were a) fresh pumpkin because i could not find canned pumpkin here (germany) and b) a bit less sugar but otherwise, it is exact. (a friend in toronto had sent me graham crackers so this was also not a problem) it was a hit! my partner said it smelt a bit like lebkuchen (nürnberger gingerbread) while it was cooling and this was only the first sign that it was going to be good. we all adored it. so rich and creamy and yet not weighty as cheese cake can sometimes be. thank you kittencal so very much!