From the Blue Bonnet website. Posting for safe keeping. Searched zaar and did not see one like this. Times are approximate
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- cooking spray
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened (1/2 cup = 1 stick)
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup canned solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 (16 ounce) container vanilla buttercream frosting
- Preheat oven 350°F.
- Spray 9x5-inch loaf pan with baking spray.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg into medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat margarine and sugars in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed until light and fluffy.
- Add pumpkin and egg; beat until well blended.
- Alternately add flour mixture and buttermilk, beating until well blended after each addition.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 1 hour or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove cake from pan to wire rack. Cool completely.
- Spread with frosting. Sprinkle with walnuts, if desired. Cut into 12 slices to serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation