Pumpkin Bread (Less Sugar and Less Oil - Still Amazing!)
- Ready In:
1 loaf or 3 small loaves
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg or 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups and 3 tbs. flour
- 1⁄3 cup water or 1/3 cup apple juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream sugar, oil and applesauce together.
- Add eggs. Mix well.
- Add spices, vanilla and pumpkin.
- Mix flour, baking soda and salt.
- Alternately add flour mixture and water or apple juice. Mix well.
- Pour into 3 greased small bread loaf pans or 1 greased large bread pan.
- Bake at 350F degrees for 30 minutes for smaller loaves or 45-55 minutes for large loaf.
Join The Conversation
Healthiest and tastiest by far. I do a few tweaks according to my likes. I use orange juice rather than water or apple juice, extra virgin olive oil, 1 tbsp cinnamon, 1 tbsp vanilla and whole wheat flour. Works for me. Occasionally I top it with brown sugar. Pat it in with your hand as it soaks in nicely and makes a great crust.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> It has taken me a long time to update this page, but this website has been one that I go to every single day (okay, maybe every other day, but you get the idea), so I finally decided I should share a little about myself and my family. I am a Registered Nurse part-time and a full-time mother of two beautiful daughters. My husband I celebrated our 21st wedding anniversary this year. Being with my family is a great joy to me and cooking for them is a pleasure! I love to try new foods and I am fortunate that so does everyone else in the family (well, except the 5 year old who is "picky" - but at least occasionally starting to try new foods!). RecipeZaar helps me explore new food and has given me many yummy "repeat" recipes that have become "standard" in our home. Thanks to everyone who posts, reviews and shares tips on this website. Thanks, too, to those who maintain RecipeZaar's website - all your hard work and attention to detail are what set this site way above any other recipe site. It is great to have a "world wide cookbook" at my fingertips!!