Pumpkin Apple Butter Muffins
- Ready In:
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup honey
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 3⁄8 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup apple butter or 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, honey, pumpkin, oil, apple butter and vanilla; mix well.
- In another bowl, combine flour with remaining ingredients (except nuts).
- Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture and only mix until blended. Don't overmix. Add the nuts.
- Divide the batter equally among 24 paper muffin lined cups and bake for 30-35 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a Christian wife and mother of 3 kids. Since my DH's high cholesterol, we've been eating better. I never used to like cooking. Since eating better, I've liked learning and preparing new recipes. My kids haven't reconciled themselves to the new eating yet. I grind my own grain and make all my own breads.?Working 2 hours a day in the local high school lunch room.??I am homeschooling my high schooler.? ?Also found out 1 child has multiple food allergies (wheat, dairy, tomato, chocolate, etc) and another is gluten sensitive. So, we just started (July 09) eating gluten and dairy free. I've been busy with getting our house market ready, even though it's not the best time for that.?