Pumpkin and Spinach Curry
photo by Debbwl
- Ready In:
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric (I had run out, so used a bit of curry powder to give some colour instead)
- 1 kg pumpkin, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups water, with a masel stock cube
- 150 g baby spinach leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup fresh coriander
- Coat the pan with cooking spray, heat and add the onion. Cook, stirring until softened. Stir in the garlic, ginger, chili, coriander, cumin and turmeric. Stir for 30 seconds.
- Add the pumpkin, water and stock cube. Simmer, covered about 15 minutes or until pumpkin is tender. Stir in the spinach and fresh coriander. Cook, stirring, until spinach is just wilted.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Am always on the look out for healthy dishes can make on the weekend for DH and myself to pack in our lunches and this sure fit's the bill. Made this morning and of course could not pack it up with a taste testing it hee hee. We not only enjoyed how healthy it is but also the spice combo that was flavorful with out being over powering. Made using a 2 1/2 pound butternut squash and a 10 ounce bag of fresh spinach. Have never seen and did not know what masel stock cube was so used two chicken stock envelopes. Ok now I am looking forward to tomorrows lunch. Thanks for the post.