Pumpkin and Goat's Cheese Risotto
- Ready In:
- 8 sage leaves, sliced
- 600 g pumpkin, cut into 2 cm cubes
- 5 cloves garlic (unpeeled)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 400 g arborio rice
- 1 cup white wine
- 4 cups vegetable stock or 4 cups chicken stock, heated
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 80 g goat cheese, crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Place half the sage and all of the pumpkin and garlic in a shallow baking dish.
- Heat half the olive oil and half butter together until melted, pour over the pumpkin and toss to coat.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the pumpkin is tender.
- Remove from the oven, remove the pumpkin (set aside) and return the garlic to the oven for another 15 minutes.
- Remove and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil and butter in a large, heavy-bottomed pan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook until soft.
- Add the rice and stir to coat well.
- Add the wine and stir until absorbed.
- Start adding the heated stock, a ladleful or two at a time, and stir constantly until the liquid has been absorbed.
- Continue adding the stock and stirring until the rice is plump and creamy, but still has bite.
- This should take 20-25 minutes.
- Season to taste and stir in the pumpkin-sage mixture and goat's cheese.
- Squeeze the roasted garlic out of its skin and stir through.
- Remove from heat and leave to sit for a couple of minutes before serving.
- Serve sprinkled with remaining sage and drizzled with extra virgin olive oil (optional).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!