Pumpernickel and Mushroom Stuffing
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is my absolute FAVORITE stuffing recipe. Adapted from a Rachel Ray recipe, it combines my love of pumpernickel bread and mushrooms. This is a terrfic stuffing to serve with beef as well, since it has a very hearty flavor.
- Ready In:
- 6 slices pumpernickel bread
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 lb mushroom, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped with leafy green tops
- 1 cup water chestnut, chopped
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place slices of bread under broiler and toast both sides.
- Butter each slice liberally. Use additional butter if necessary.
- Stack slices and cut into cubes. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, add 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Add chopped mushrooms and brown 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Season mushrooms with salt and pepper.
- Add celery and water chestnuts as you get them chopped.
- Continue to cook until veggies are all tender, another 5 minutes.
- Add scallions, 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning and the parsley.
- Cut bread into cubes and add.
- Moisten stuffing with 1 cup broth or stock. Transfer to a serving dish.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION