Pulled Pork Sandwiches (WW and Crock-Pot)
Only 8 pts/each sandwich! Recipe source: Weight Watches magazine (January 2014)
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 20mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups cabbage, thinly sliced (I used the food processor or slicing blade)
- 1 1⁄2 cups red onions, thinly sliced (I used the food processor or slicing blade)
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar (I use spenda brown sugar blend)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika (recipe specifies hot paprika, but I used regular paprika)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 (1 lb) pork tenderloin
- 4 whole wheat rolls, split and warmed
- Combine 1 cup of the cabbage, one cup of the onion and the next 5 ingredients (vinegar - tomato paste) in a slow cooker (6 quart size).
- Combine the spices (paprika - salt) in a cup or baggie - rub spice mixture over the pork. Place in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook for 6-8 hours on low. Transfer to cutting board to shred (or shred meat while in slow cooker). Stir pork back into slow cooker.
- To make sandwiches: spoon 3/4 cup pork mixture onto the bottom half of the bun; top with 1/2 cup cabbage and 1/2 cup onion. Cover with tops. Repeat for each sandwich.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I made sliders...my pork was still on the firm side after 7 hours so I turned the crock pot on high...after a half hour I was able to shed the meat...I left it on high for an additional half hour...I liked it with the cabbage/onion on top...hubby didn't he said all he could taste was red onion...btw only put about 2 tbs of the mixture on top...there isn't enough for 1/2 cup of each for 4 servings...I have left overs...yummy...thanks for posting the recipe...=)