Pulled Pork Sandwiches
photo by VickiVSN
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 20mins
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon Sweet'N Low brown sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 jalapeno, finely chopped
- chili seasoning mix (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- 1 lb pork loin roast
- 8 whole wheat dinner rolls
- Mix all except pork roast & rolls together.
- Put all together in crock pot.
- Slow cook until pork falling apart (four hours).
- Pick pork apart with fork and mix with remaining juices.
- Serve two ounces of meat with each dinner roll.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I tried this recipe last night since I had pork sirloin left over from New Year's. It was finger-licking good! I searched for a recipe that was not smothered in barbecue sauce. I had three alterations to the recipe. I used Splenda Brown Sugar, I omitted the jalapenos, and I used white vinegar (that's all I had on hand at the time). My husband and I really enjoyed it; and, the recipe will be transferred into my recipe file. Thanks for sharing!
Very Good! I left out the jalapeno (didn't have one on hand) and and added a little cayenne pepper. It was just the right amount of kick! Great flavor. The only thing was the sauce was not very thick. When i make it again i will reduce some of the sauce down on the stove before serving. Flavor wise it was perfect!