- Ready In:
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1 cup pizza sauce (or more, if you like)
- 1 (12 ounce) package refrigerated biscuits (I used Pillsbury Butter Tastin' Biscuits)
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded pizza cheese
- 15 slices pepperoni, cut into strips
- 1 (2 ounce) can sliced black olives
- 1⁄4 lb sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a skillet, brown italian sausage; drain.
- Stir in pizza sauce. Add pepperoni, olives, mushrooms, minced garlic. Mix well.
- Quarter biscuits and place in single layer in a greased 8x8 baking pan.
- Spread pizza sauce/topping mixture over biscuits.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese melts.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
What a fun and easy way to make pizza! I used turkey Italian sausage and upped the sauce to 1-1/4 cups. I also omitted the mushrooms. Next time I plan to add green bell pepper and red onion as I like those on pizza. I used my toaster oven which tends to cook a little on the hot side, so baked the pizza for 20 minutes and then added the cheese and baked for another 5 minutes = perfectly cooked.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Have been living in Texas after living in the Midwest my entire life. Love to knit, bake, cook, surf the Internet, play with my 2 girls, and bowl. 'Zaar is my internet addiction - one of the few websites I check daily. I love trying new dishes, fortunately my girls and my husband will try just about anything. <br /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/200_PACpic.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/pacbanner.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e347/Saturn6666/KiwiDutch/3chefstag1.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/smPACp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /></p>