Puffy Parmesan Pinwheels
This is a great hors d'oeuvre that I found in a Cosmopolitan holiday entertaining guide. My party guests loved them. I recommend using Hungarian paprika as it has better flavor.
- Ready In:
- 1 box puff pastry
- 1 package freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 can chopped black olives, drained
- Hungarian paprika
- Place layer of store-bought puff pastry on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, chopped black olives, and paprika.
- Roll pastry into a cylinder, cut into 1/4-inch-wide slices, and spread out flat side down about 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 8 minutes or until golden.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
What a mess this is, and it's because of inexact instructions. Please add this info: how long to thaw out frozen puff pastry, which way to roll up the "cylinder", and how much Parmesan cheese, paprika, and chopped olives to put on. It's customary to put quantities of ingredients in the recipe.Reply
I love the versatility of this recipe. I used the 'pinwheel' idea and made so many variations - so delicious, impressive and easy. I made some with Chinese BBQ pork, some with basil pesto and parmesan. I brushed the pinwheels with egg glaze and sprinkle with more parmesan before baking. These can be made ahead into rolls and frozen a week ahead; just slice and bake before serving. Thanks for the wonderful recipe.1Reply
see 1 more