- Ready In:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2⁄3 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- VANILLA PUDDING MIX
- Mix well all ingredients. Store airtight in cool, dry place. Keeps several months. Makes about 2 cups.
- CHOCOLATE PUDDING MIX
- Add 3/4 cup cocoa and 1/2 cup sugar to Basic Pudding Mix. Makes about 3 cups
- BUTTERSCOTCH PUDDING MIX
- Substitute 2 cups packed dark-brown sugar for granulated sugar in Vanilla Pudding Mix. Makes about 2-2/3 cups packed mix.
- VANILLA PUDDING
- 1/2 cup Vanilla Pudding mix (above) 2 cup milk 1 tsp vanilla
- In saucepan blend well mix and milk. Stir over medium heat until mixture thickens and boils; boil 1 minute. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla. Pour into 4 custard cups or dessert dishes. Chill. If desired unmold. Delicious topped with pureed strawberries and roasted slivered almonds.
- CHOCOLATE PUDDING: Use 3/4 cup Chocolate Pudding Mix (above) and prepare as above.
- BUTTERSCOTCH PUDDING: Use 2/3 cup packed Butterscotch Pudding Mix (above). Prepare as above, adding 2 tablespoons butter with vanilla.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
What a great recipe. I put pudding mix in many of the cakes I bake. One day I decided to bake a cake, looked in the pantry, and to my horror there was no pudding mix to be found. That's when I found this recipe. What a lifesaver you are. The recipe works great for chocolate and vanilla (these are the two I always use) and is so much more handy than buying the little boxes at the store. Thanks for sharing!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Square Meals Make Round People - Author Unknown <br /><br />Do It With Love---It Will Taste Better - Author Unknown <br /><br />I joined zaar in 2002 but I really didn't use it much on until 2006 after my computer crashed and I lost all my unsaved recipes. Now I post all recipes I've tried or would like to try. I'm actually making it my goal to try almost all the recipes I've posted as soon as I can. I love food and I love to eat and try different recipes. My favorite course is dessert. I love sweets! This leads me to that I did have Gastric Bypass surgery on July 25th 2008. On that note I love baking and cooking a priceless gift passed down from my grammy who I dearly loved and miss deeply. My grammy passed away 1/15/07. She was a wonderful cook and baker and taught me many things and the most valueable things was how to be a wonderful cook and baker like her. I really enjoy searching for new recipes especially here on Zaar. I'm always finding and adding to my cookbook new and exciting recipes. I also enjoy posting recipes here on Zaar as well. I really love collecting different cookbooks. I have over a 100 and growing! I collect mostly Taste Of Home & community cookbooks. The minute I get a cookbook home I sit down and I read my cookbooks from front to back like novels. I work for the Elmira City School District and YWCA. I'm raising my 8 yrs old newphew. I'm a part time college student studing Early Childhood Education, but taking time off and hoping to return soon. I live in Elmira, New York where famous writer Mark Twain did some of his writing and he once lived. I have 1 cats Samantha and 1 dog our newest member MOO MOO (my nieces dog) who are my children as I do not have any human children of my own. I lost four of my very dear children (kitty's) Callie June 2007, Miss Kitty in March 2010, my dog Angel in December 2010, and my other cat Chase in September 2011. I'm recently married on August 12th 2010. I love spending time with my niece 9 yrs old and my newphews 7 & 8 yrs old. I enjoy couponing and trading coupons. I love the internet as there's so much to look at online even though you know where I spend most of my time! I enjoy going to yard sales and estate sales every spring - fall. I love gardening and have many different pretty flowers.</p> 8724441"