Pudding Ice Cream
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A creamy ice cream, with a fudgesicle like taste.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (6 ounce) box chocolate pudding, not instant
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 3 cups milk
- 385 ml evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Stir sugar, pudding, and cocoa together.
- Stir in first amount of milk.
- Heat, stirring often, until mixture comes to a rolling boil that cannot be stirred down.
- Remove from heat.
- Set saucepan in cold water in sink.
- Lay plastic wrap or waxed paper on pudding to stop crust from forming.
- Add evaporated milk and vanilla.
- Stir well.
- Chill until very cold.
- Turn into ice-cream maker.
- Freeze according to directions.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I am changing my review :)~. I originally rated this recipe 4* after tasting it the same night it was made (after it was in the freezer for about 2-3 hours). I felt it was very good but pretty much tasted like frozen pudding with much more work! Well, I tasted it again after it was in the freezer overnight. What a difference! It tastes much more chocolatey and creamy and MUCH MORE like ice cream! My suggestion to anyone making this: let it freeze overnight if you can wait...it is worth it! Thanks for sharing!1Reply