Puchero (Spanish Boiled Dinner)
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 chicken, cut in pieces
- 6 quarts water
- 3⁄4 lb ground beef
- 3⁄4 lb ground pork
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups dried garbanzo beans, soaked overnight and drained
- 1⁄2 lb salt pork
- 2 lbs lamb shoulder
- 6 potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 lb carrot, julienned
- 1 medium cabbage, cut in wedges
- Cover chicken with cold water. Add salt and pepper, bring to a boil, and cook 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat and continue to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Combine beef, ground pork, eggs, bread crumbs and flour. Season with salt and pepper. Shape into a large ball.
- Skim foam from pot.
- Add garbanzos, salt pork and lamb. Place the big meatball on top.
- Cook for 30 minutes.
- Add potatoes, carrots and cabbage. Cook for 30 minutes more, or until garbanzos are soft.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!