Pub-Style Chicken and Caramelized Onions
- Ready In:
- 3 ounces reduced-fat jalapeno cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cups sliced onions
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup French-fried onions
- 1⁄4 cup caesar salad dressing
- 1⁄4 cup light honey mustard dressing
- Preheat onion to 425°F.
- Combine soy sauce, molasses, garlic powder, and 1/2 tsp pepper; place in a plastic bag. Add chicken, turning to coat. Let stand 10 minutes (or overnight) to marinate.
- Toss fresh onions with oil, salt, and remaining 1/4 tsp pepper. Place onions in 13x9" baking dish; top with chicken. Bake 20-25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink (165 F).
- Top chicken wth crispy onions and cheese; bake 2-3 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Combine both dressings; microwave on high 20-30 seconds or until hot. Drizzle sauce over chicken and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am a Yankee transplant to the low country. My mom was English, so my cooking style reflects this. My favorite cookbook was McCall's Cookbook which is no longer in print. I've been married to a gourmand for 41 years, so I get lots of practice cooking. We have three daughters that I share recipes with and seven grandchildren -- none old enough to cook yet, but I think we have some budding chefs!</p>