Pseudo Italian/german Schnitzel Dinner Sandwich
photo by Bergy
- Ready In:
- 4 4 ounces pork steaks or 4 ounces other lean cut pork, pounded very thin
- 8 tablespoons fine breadcrumbs (a little more if needed)
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄2 1/2 cup Clamato juice or 1/2 cup V8 vegetable juice
- cooking spray, for fry pan
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, chopped
- 3 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons green peppers, chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons red peppers, chopped
- 4 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 -2 jalapeno, chopped (Optiona)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped (optional)
- 1 slice fresh tomato, for ganish (optional)
- 6 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- bread or bun, of your choice
- Dip your pounded Pork in the juice of your choice and then into the bread crumbs, pat the crumbs into the meat.
- Spray your Non stick Fry pan lightly with oil Brown the pork schnitzels on both sides and remove from the pan.
- Spray the pan again lightly with oil Add all the remaining ingredients except cheese& Bread.
- Saute until heated through and return Snitzels to the pan, Heat through and serve on toasted bread of your choice or without.
- Drizzle cheese on top, garnish with fresh tomatoes and enjoy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!