Prudhomme's Cajun Cauliflower in Garlic Sauce
A wonderful, flavorful vegetable courtesy of Chef Paul Prudhomme.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (Tabasco)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cajun seasoning (recipe 36405)
- Steps: Bring 1 quart of water to a boil in a large pot.
- Blanch the cauliflower just until tender-crisp, about 3 minutes.
- Drain well and set aside.
- Place the butter in a large skillet over high heat.
- As soon as the butter begins to sizzle, add the garlic.
- Cook, stirring almost constantly, until the garlic is thoroughly coated with butter, about 30 seconds.
- Add the cauliflower and cook, stirring occasionally, just until the cauliflower is slightly browned, about 4 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the pepper sauce, cilantro and Cajun spice blend, and mix gently but thoroughly.
- Serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I microwaved frozen cauliflower instead of blanching, skipped the Tabasco and substituted dry cilantro based on what we had in the house. Threw all spices in with the cauliflower to spread around in buttery skillet. It was quick and yummy, with a nice little burn. I can't wait until I can try it with fresh cilantro!