Prose's Protein-Packed Power Porridge
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup oats
- 1⁄8 cup quinoa (flakes)
- 1⁄8 cup textured vegetable protein
- 3⁄4 - 1 cup boiling water
- 1⁄8 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄8 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen) or 1/8 cup fruit (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄8 cup soymilk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (optional)
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Pour in boiling water. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Stir in almonds, fruit, soy milk, and maple syrup, to taste.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
It was a really interesting bowl of oatmeal! I don't know where to find quinoa flakes so I threw some whole quinoa in my food chopper to get some roughly cut pieces that would soften faster. I used silk tofu because I didn't have vegetable protein, and some frozen blueberries and honey to sweeten it and just used plain soymilk and nuked it all together. Made for a nice fast breakfast! For Veggie Swap 21.
Full of fiber, as well as protein, this will keep you full and energized all morning. It's easy to make, and leftovers can be refrigerated and microwaved the next day with a little more soy milk or water. Also, you can mix a big batch of the dry ingredients ahead of time. IMPORTANT NOTE: In the ingredient list below, it should say "Quinoa Flakes," not quinoa, but the database does not recognize this ingredient. Ancient Harvest brand Quinoa Flakes can be purchased at your local health-food store in the hot cereal section.