Prosciutto and Rockmelon (Cantaloupe) With Balsamic Glaze
photo by DeliciousAsItLooks
- Ready In:
- 800 g cantaloupe (peeled and deseeded)
- 8 slices prosciutto (80grams thin)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic glaze (see note at end of recipe)
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- ground black pepper (fresh)
- Using a slicer, mandolin or vegetable peeler, slice the peeled rockmelon/cantaloupe into long ribbons and cut each slice of prosciutto into 3 long strips.
- Roll up the strips of rockmelon and arrange on plates and then roll up the strips of prociutto and place on the rockmelon.
- Drizzle the balsamic glaze and oil on the plates around the melon and sprinkle with pepper to serve.
- BALSAMIC GLAZE (reduced balsamic vinegar), if you cannot buy you can make it by putting 80ml (1/3 cup) balsamic vinegar in a small non-stick frypan and bring to a simmere over high heat and then reduce heat to medium-high and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until vinegar reduces and thickens and this will make 1 tablespoon of glaze and if it is too thick, jusst add a little more vinegar.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
With the demise of the forums and with no more interaction on site with what was a great community and it was a pleasure to get to know so many of you over the years and to have had the privilege of meeting some of you in person. For me now this is just another recipe site like to many on the net, it has lost its specialness, such a pity especially when Scripps changed the name from Recipezaar to Food.com and made this statement sorry cannot replicate here as considered invalid but they basically said yes the community was valuable hence .com was short for community but it was a pack of lies as they were not willing to put the money into that community and got rid of the forums which was the community so for .com has become .crap.