Princess Diana's Stuffed Bell Peppers
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is my favorite recipe for stuffed peppers! Delish! This takes a little more effort then other stuffed pepper recipes, but it is well worth it, IMO. Eating Royally: Recipes and Remembrances from a Palace Kitchen
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 4 medium bell peppers
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
FOR THE FILLING
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced mushroom
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup rice, cooked al dente and cooled
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 chicken or 1/2 vegetable bouillon cube
- 4 slices bacon, cooked until crisp and chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, shredded
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, diced
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
TO PREPARE THE PEPPERS:
- Pre heat oven to 350°F.
- Cut the tops off the peppers and clean out the seeds and membranes. If the peppers won't stand up, cut a little piece off the bottom to level them. Place the peppers on a baking sheet and drizzle with the oil.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until they start to soften. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
TO MAKE THE FILLING:
- Pour the oil from the peppers into a frying pan and add the onions, mushrooms, zucchini and oregano. Season the vegetables with salt and pepper to taste, and saute over high heat until they start to soften.
- Add the tomatoes, rice, water and bouillon cube to the vegetables in the frying pan, and simmer for about 5 minutes. Adjust the seasoning. Fold in the bacon, basil and mozzarella cheese.
TO STUFF THE PEPPERS:
- Divide the filling among the peppers. Sprinkle the Parmesan on top of the peppers.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 15 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and the filling is hot.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION