Primo Pasta Salad
photo by loof751
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked rotini pasta
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped red pepper
- 1 hard-boiled egg, diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped olive
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons ranch dressing
- 1 tablespoon Italian dressing
- Cook the pasta, then drain and rinse in cold water.
- Combine the pasta and all ingredients in a bowl, except the ranch and italian dressings.
- Add the dressings and toss to coat. Refrigerate until served.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I really liked that this recipe is measured for two servings. I found the serving size to be very generous. I was intrigued by the idea of mixing two prepared dressings as I always have both on hand. The salad was colorful and tasty, however the dressings were quickly absorbed when I chilled the salad for later. Served with Recipe #274266. Made for Fall '09 Pick A Chef.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm 22 and a mom to one DD and three furkids (two Rhodesian Ridgebacks and one cat of unknown heritage). I'm not very at cooking, but I do like to try. :) I work from home as a graphic designer for a website company. I love to hike and bowhunt, I love my daughter and my husband. I love animals, writing and eating food. I am hoping to get better at cooking; I'm not very good at it right now... for example, I'm in the midst of cooking pork chops right this moment and I burned the bacon, spilled grease on myself and lost some of my onions. *sigh*