Prime Rib for 2
- Ready In:
- 25hrs 15mins
- Wrap meat well and freeze until solid. Give it a good 24 hours or more.
- Combine oil and garlic and rub evenly over the frozen roast. Generously sprinkle with pepper. Stand bone side down on a rimmed baking sheet or broiler pan between the two potatoes, placed like bookends. ROAST FROZEN; DO NOT THAW.
- Roast uncovered in a 400F oven for 1 hour 15 minutes for medium rare, or 1 hour 35 to 40 minutes for medium well. You may insert a meat thermometer through the fat layer, into center of roast, not touching bone after it has cooked for about an hour. Cook to your liking (130F to 135F for rare).
- Let stand 5 minutes before carving.
- Serve with the baked potatoes and your favorite potato toppings.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Yummy! This is great as is! I prefer to add a little kosher salt in with the pepper, and at least 2 cloves of garlic. It is a must to check the meat with a thermometer to not over do it. Remember, after pulling it from the oven it will coast up a few more degrees. The wait time before carving is a MUST. Don't lose all those wonderful juices. My sister gave me a recipe like this several years ago. Thanks for posting!