Pretzel-Crusted Chicken Tenders
- Ready In:
- Slice the chicken breasts lengthwise into 4 or 5 strips.
- In a large plastic bag, combine the 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard, orange marmalade, 2 tablespoons rice vinegar, salt and pepper, and buttermilk. Mix and add chicken strips. Allow to marinate about 20 minutes, no longer than 30 minutes because after that the chicken will start to "cook.".
- Meanwhile, place pretzels in another large plastic bag and smash them into coarse crumbs (Mitzewich used pretzel sticks). You will need 2-3 cups. Place the crumbs in a shallow bowl.
- Remove the chicken from marinade, letting the excess marinade drain off.
- Add a few chicken strips to the crumbs and press the crumbs into the chicken.
- Oil a baking sheet and place coated strips on sheet. Repeat coating procedure with remaining strips.
- When all the strips are on the baking sheet, drizzle the melted butter over them. The more butter you use here, the browner and richer the finished strips will be.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree F. oven 20-30 minutes.
- Thin some additional Dijon mustard with additional rice vinegar and drizzle this mixture over the cooked chicken.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!